Title: Supplier Engineer - Plastics
Company Summary: This Medical Device company is looking for a Supplier Engineer - Plastics to join their team. This global company has over 1,200 employees located throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. The company is responsible for improving the lives of millions of patients with Diabetes through innovative technology that is lifestyle accommodating. This role would be for a Supplier Engineer - Plastics who would play a key role in working closely with leaders in Quality, Sourcing, and Manufacturing to help implement new capital tooling and equipment at suppliers, execute improvement projects, carry out new product introductions, help resolves business critical issues, as well as investigate and lead corrective actions in response to quality issues across supply bases.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities within regulated tier 1 component suppliers
- Generate and report validation protocols and coordinate their execution
- Participate during product design reviews
- Manage and implement supplier capital qualifications from implementation to production
- Travel to suppliers to lead capital qualification projects as well as root cause corrective actions
- Participate with teams that are responsible for procurement and installation of manufacturing equipment at global suppliers
- BS in an Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Plastics)
- 3 years in a regulated industry
- Plastics Injection Molding knowledge
- Ability to manage Supply Chain projects, including overseeing IQ/OQ/PQ protocols for component manufacturing processes.
- Experience with Solidworks, Pro-E, and one of the following SAS, JMP, or Minitab
- Certification or experience with Six Sigma Process Improvement desired
- Familiarity with cGMP practices desired
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% to 25%
Benefits / Overview:
- Full benefits
- Competitive base salary
- 5% annual bonus
If you are interested in the Supplier Engineer - Plastics Position then please don't wait to apply.