A future market leading aviation company are searching for a strategic buyer to join their team based closely to Karlsruhe. With over 500+ employees, they're looking to increase their procurement function to support the next stage of their development.
- You support, manage and consult the departments in the entire purchasing process for the responsible commodity
- You identify, develop and evaluate suppliers, as well as strategic development and consolidation of the supplier pool.
- You independently prepare and conduct negotiations within a complex scope of work, involving relevant departments and legal as necessary.
- You prepare contracts, purchase orders and closings using existing purchasing systems.
- You optimise purchasing processes.
- You are directly involved in the product development process by helping to shape cross-functional collaboration between development, logistics, accounting and suppliers.
- You ensure timely awards in compliance with strategic business objectives.
- You are regularly in touch with international suppliers in order to keep an up-to-date market overview.
- Together with colleagues of other departments you develop cost effective standard designs and smart quality control concepts.
- 5+ years in procurement and supply chain experience, ideally in aviation industries.
- Business Administration or Industrial Engineering degree
- Experience procuring aerospace parts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as ability to work cross-functionally and effectively with engineering and production teams.
- Experience with implementation of modern and digital supply chain systems based on state-of-the-art technology.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Ability and willingness to travel.