Sourcing Manager Automotive Testing Components m/f/d (Munich, Germany)
My client is a global market leader for test systems for the automotive industry. They provide sophisticated products and complete system solutions. The company has recently been acquired by a market leading test and measurement company based in the United States and is now seeing to build up their purchasing team based in Germany. The parent company is investing heavily to become the market-leader of test systems for the electric-vehicle market and this position will allow you to build up the processes and function.
As a strategic purchaser you will be responsible for developing and implementing the purchasing strategies for both direct and indirect components on a global level.
- Selection and strategic evaluation of suppliers.
- Collect data and perform analysis, profile material fields, define best sourcing strategy, supplier selection, negotiation of price, terms & conditions, to maximise contribution to operating profit and business objectives.
- Responsible for Supplier Management in their respective material field which includes, but not limited to supplier selection, including documentation and communication of supplier performance, supplier evaluations, strategic supplier classification, and supplier development to obtain as well as develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain.
- Prepares and concludes sourcing contracts based on business requirements at the most beneficial conditions whilst ensuring quality and on-time delivery. Focus on business-specific Procurement.
- Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities, and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through tailored risk management and change management.
- Optimisation of internal purchasing and inventory management process in coordination with other departments (production, engineering, and product development).
- Generate ideas and drive specific procurement initiatives to standardise and simplify processes to benefit the organisation.
- Maintain required knowledge of the Automotive powertrain testing industry and best practices for emerging technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in a strategic Procurement role within a multinational organisation.
- Knowledge about power electronics test instruments and systems for the automotive, aerospace and defence, battery/energy storage, renewable energy and power conversion industries is a plus.
- 3-5 years electrical distribution industry and/or related industry supplier experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing complex projects with change management sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills in both English and German.
- Ability to influence, build relationships, and promote solutions with and without direct authority.
- Proven supplier performance management skills.
- Proven knowledge of procurement systems and process. SAP experience is required.
- Proven expertise in negotiating complex contracts in dynamic supply environments.
- Financial acumen and demonstrated aptitude in analytics and decision-making.
- Existing experience in the automotive industry is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of automotive powertrain (battery and inverter) testing components is an advantage.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you then please contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815 or Lawrence.semper-