We are seeking a talented, passionate, and experienced Global Sourcing Manager to join our Global Sourcing team to lead the complex work of sourcing spices and botanicals from around the world.
The Global Manager Sourcing is responsible for leading and executing our strategic vision for raw materials. They will work closely with our supply partners to ensure we deliver the highest quality ingredients in transparent and sustainable supply chains to support our manufacturing operations. The Global Manager Sourcing will collaborate with external and internal partners on origin and innovation projects to support the growth agenda of the organization. The role will lead a small team of buyers ensuring ongoing development and change management while also managing costs, inventory, and analysis across the supply chain.
WHO WE ARE:
We are the well-being company that exists to inspire and enhance everyday life through trust and good will. Our guiding principles, beliefs, and philosophies shape our identity. They are the essence of our culture and define how we do what we do.
We are intentional in everything we do. We are present and aware of how we show up in the world. We honor people and our communities. We are authentic and transparent with each brand. We are committed to sustaining our planet. We build trust and goodwill with each individual interaction.
OUR INVESTMENT IN YOU:
- We offer competitive compensation, including a generous annual bonus.
- We have exceptional wellbeing-focused benefits including health, dental, vision and alternative care, life and disability insurance, retirement, paid time off, company picnics, social activities, and a surprise every so often! Who doesn't love a surprise?
- This position is located in Eugene, Oregon with a work from home option that provides the opportunity to work outside the office up to two days per week.
- As a certified B Corp, we're a company that lives our values every day.
- We work in a LEED certified facility which prioritizes the planet in our daily operations and optimizes our employee experience while at work.
- We prioritize sustainability as a business by embedding it into our values, our strategic priorities, our decision-making, and our resource allocations.
- Our Nourish Market provides employees subsidized healthy lunch and snack options.
- We commit to our purpose in every aspect of our culture.
- We have employees that are committed to "Doing Good" in our community and around the world.
- We are a growing company with products that customers love.
- We believe in investing in you and your growth and development.
- This role provides an amazing opportunity to travel internationally.
WHAT YOU'LL OWN:
- Become internationally networked and develop direct relationships with growers, moving our supply chain away from intermediaries where value addition is limited and identifying new suppliers with whom we are not currently engaged.
- Management of all raw materials, including own negotiation/support within negotiation and supplier relationship management as well as supplier categorization
- Collaboration with cross functional partners to develop long-term supply chain strategies in complex and volatile markets to minimize supply risks and ensure long term supply.
- Organizing comprehensive annual reviews with all strategic and preferred suppliers and developing annual Joint Business Plans which incorporate continuous improvement targets and KPIs.
- Travel regularly to the origins from which we source,
- Procurement of assigned raw materials for production and safety stock warehouse via ordering in ERP system.
- Global lead buying to obtain the best value for the business whilst achieving our quality and sustainability targets.
- Supports inventory and COGS management.
- Responsible for managing of assigned projects.
- Supports grower projects; sustainability initiatives and the achievement of the defined Sourcing KPIs.
- Supports short- and medium risk management.
- Gathering of supplier-related information for transparency.
- Leads and / or supports within annual review meetings with suppliers.
- Provides back up support to raw material buyers and manager operational sourcing when needed.
- Participate as a member of the HACCP and Food Fraud team.
Management & Development Responsibilities
- Management of North American Procurement Team and overview of all daily operations in relation to supply chains
- People management of the team which includes giving feedback, as well as individual annual reviews.
- Setting goals and targets and helping individuals develop
- Cross functional leadership modeling within the Team organization
- Strong collaboration with German sourcing team short-and long-term sourcing initiatives
WHAT YOU KNOW AND HAVE EXPERIENCED:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant area of study
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in purchasing in tropical agricultural products
- Minimum of 4 years of practical negotiation experience
- Project Management experience
- Experienced in managing and leading a team
- Ideally experienced in FMCG / bio industry environment
- Proficiency in MS-Office
- Great understanding & experience in ERP systems
- Excellence in business English and ideally fluency in German, spoken and written
- Ability to travel quarterly both internationally and domestically
YOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT:
- Strong critical thinking ability to navigate and solve complex problems
- Big picture and creative thinking style
- Solid work ethic, self-starter, and result-oriented
- Natural ability to develop strong, trusting multi-cultural relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Responsible and a high degree of ownership
- Thrives in an ever-changing work environment
- Effectively managing a multitude of work responsibilities
- B alances attention to detail and swift execution
- Enjoy traveling to origin