Taking the lead, the Sourcing & Procurement Category Manager drives the sourcing strategy comprehensively. This includes overseeing supply partnerships, fostering innovation, elevating supplier quality, driving continuous supplier improvement, and collaborating on sustainability initiatives. This role is also poised to address Supply Chain escalation needs.
In partnership with Sales, Marketing, Winery Operations, and more, this role spearheads transformative efforts yielding significant outcomes through category insights, market trends, new supplier discoveries, and innovative processes.
Playing a key role, the position advances the overarching Procurement category strategy, guiding activities across value generation, cost-effectiveness, innovation, sustainability, quality enhancement, and more. Furthermore, it serves as the primary point of contact for procurement inquiries, providing unwavering support to the business strategy.
- Leads wide-reaching category strategies across Cost, Supply Resilience, Quality, Innovation, and Sustainability, aligning with business objectives.
- Champions and enacts category strategies, optimizing total cost of ownership in designated spend areas with cross-functional teams.
- Identifies opportunities for category enhancement, like design-to-value, cost models, and process mapping.
- Guides cross-functional teams, injecting value-driving category insights from Wine Making, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Constructs category roadmaps, steering sourcing projects and procurement.
- Executes intricate supplier negotiations for optimal outcomes in Cost, Supply Resilience, Quality, Innovation, and Sustainability.
- Drives value through supplier relationship management and regular business reviews, leveraging Cost, Lead Time, Quality, Innovation, and Sustainability data.
- Enhances sourcing via collaboration with internal clients and suppliers.
- Implements change strategies for value delivery in Sourcing & Supply.
- Establishes metrics, monitors performance, and communicates to stakeholders, including budget impact.
- Oversees supplier contracts, development, and relationships for consistent quality.
- Resolves supplier issues with Quality, Packaging, and Bottling collaboration.
- Shares expertise with internal clients, providing leadership updates.
- Tracks trends, sourcing solutions for key spend areas.
- Crafts innovative category strategies based on business needs and historical spend.
- Offers accurate volume forecasts, collaborating with Supply Chain for continuity.
- Boosts procurement efficiency organization-wide.
- Collaborates across levels, functions, and geographies for procurement success.
- Supports Buyers in optimal procurement for value.
- Maintains compliance documentation, initiating RFPs, negotiations, and agreements per purchasing policy.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, finance, management, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of supply chain experience, particularly in sourcing and procurement.
- Beverage alcohol or CPG industry background preferred.
- Additional APICS, ISM, or CIPS certifications advantageous.
- Deep expertise in category management and strategic sourcing, along with accounts payable principles.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong data analysis and comprehension ability.
- Continuous improvement mindset for ongoing category knowledge growth.
- Proficiency in ERP systems and automated procurement tools.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with financial and business analysis.
- Expertise in spend and demand analysis.
- Proficient in RFx processes.
- Understanding of contract planning and execution.
- In-depth knowledge of TCO and its integration into category strategies.
- General grasp of Supply Chain Management tools.
- Strong procurement application skills.