Job Title: Six Sigma Black Belt Leadership Role
As a leading manufacturer of residential roof shingles, we are excited to be growing our leadership development program. In this role, you will be trained and become certified as Six Sigma Black Belts, allowing the team to make better informed decisions using statistically meaningful data. Six Sigma Black Belts are responsible for leading the implementation of Six Sigma projects using the D-M-A-I-C methodology throughout our organization. By defining a problem with an unknown solution, measuring the current process capability and collecting data, analyzing relevant data, optimizing the process, and controlling key process outputs, Six Sigma Black belts help reduce variation, improve quality and reduce costs in line with corporate strategy.
Within the Leadership Program, you will do the following:
- Utilizing Six Sigma principles, complete projects, analyses and reports in an accurate and timely fashion
- Aid in identifying and selecting projects that fit the strategic business needs. Continually monitor project progress, evaluate project opportunities in each area of the process, and direct and organize effective and efficient use of personnel and resources to ensure project completion
- Provide leadership and support to teams by providing them with the information, training and tools to succeed; promote and demonstrate effective and "boundaryless" communication to achieve "cross pollination" in all areas, at all levels
- Lead and guide others in the practical use of the Six Sigma philosophy and tools.
- Promote the concept of ownership among the workforce
- Promote, utilize, and institutionalize teamwork and team concepts in the implementation of project teams and, as possible, in the day-to-day operation of the facility
- Conduct and oversee Six Sigma training, as needed
- Positively resolve workgroup conflict
A qualified candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in math, science or engineering, 4 to 10 years related work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Understanding of advanced Six Sigma and statistical process control concepts, including control charts, variation, cause and effect relationships, Pareto principle (vital few/useful many) and process capability
- Proficient in programming languages: Python & R
- Become certified as a Black Belt
- Group Health and Life Insurance
- Competitive compensation package
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Profit-sharing retirement plan
If interested in learning more about this position, please submit an application today.