We currently have an exciting opportunity for a SIOP Manager to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team.
We are a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center. We continue to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Our products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About The Opportunity
The SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operational Planning) Manager is responsible for standardization and facilitation of monthly SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operational Planning) processes to ensure alignment among all partners including but not limited to demand planning and supply planning for product management, sellable equipment, production, inventory levels, sourcing, and logistics. Leads the implementation and execution of industry SIOP best practices, strategies and overall maturity, and evolve processes in collaboration with cross-functional teams and senior executive leaders. Overall responsible for guiding the implementation of our SIOP strategy at the organizational level and managing all aspects of the SIOP process while contributing to product reliability, inventory management, and attainment of organizational goals. This includes the development of the statistical forecasts for each market segment (by region) and leading the monthly demand review meetings.
In This Role, The Successful Candidate Will
- Develops the optimization of forecasting and demand planning process to meet and exceed internal and external customer requirements.
- Develops effective statistical forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns (at multiple hierarchical levels: SKU, Org, Segment, Region).
- Leads and facilitates the monthly demand planning meetings with commercial leaders to achieve the consensus forecast by integrating statistical forecasts with qualitative input.
- Manages and directs Supply Planners; setting in process WIP, in P\process goods, and finish goods stock level to maintain 100% on time delivery.
- Develops and implements Kanban system(s) using analytics to determine right sizing based on 90 day rolling sales history for high volume product and 180 for low volume product.
- Develops a rolling 18-month demand plan by facilitating the process with the commercial, logistics and supply planning teams.
- Develops and supports on-going relationship with Distribution Manager supporting 99% cycle count accuracy for all A and B Categories; C being at 98%.
- Works closely with Supply Chain and Operation departments in understanding capacity constraints that prevent from achieving demand plan. Participate in supply review meetings.
- Facilitates the monthly reviews with Finance and drives the reconciliation process between operating plan and budget.
What does it take to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Demand and Supply Planning, Sales Planning, or Finance.
- 5-7 years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting tools and best practices, including techniques and methods to develop forecasting models.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage large sets of data.
- Advanced ERP experience. QAD experience is a plus.