One of the fastest growing Automotive companies in Europe is hiring a Senior Warehouse Manager for their central EU giga-factory in Thuringia. This company made their name in China, but is focusing their future production on the European electric car industry! This company is looking for the top supply chain and logistics professionals in Germany to work at their giga-factory.
This company is the No.1 in the market for producing lithium batteries for the automotive industry as part of their wider goal of transforming the automotive industry into the modern era.
If you motivated to help contribute to a greener future then this could be the opportunity for you! This company will also provide you with state of the art infrastructure and and a very warm and friendly working environment where you will be provided all the necessary tools to grow internally.
- Develops PMC External Warehouse work plan according to higher- level strategies / targets and implements accordingly
- Implements the PMC External Warehouse organization structure according to regional (EU) standards
- Derives External Warehouse targets from the higher level (regional) target and defines additional Logistics targets for the External Warehouse, ensures their achievement and initiates countermeasures, if needed
- Introduces sustainable PMC and Logistics processes and ensures the continuous improvement process
- Ensures SAP/standard system setup for warehouse, repacking and shipping operations
- Manage repacking production activities per repack plan, meeting customer demand of call off
- Ensures compliance with regional standard processes and regulations
- Implements and ensures that customer requirements are met
- Ensures the implementation of the capacity planning tool in the External Warehouse for storage space, labor resources and repack capacities, and develop action plan to mitigate capacity risk
- Ensures proper securing of loads and compliance with safety, environment principles and transport, customs, ARD rules
- Ensure the implementation of loading and unloading windows to streamline the transportation and minimization of waiting times
- Promotes a respectful work environment and recruits, develops and retains (functionally and disciplinarily reporting) human resources to maintain a qualified, motivated and productive workforce
- Degree in Engineering or related major
- Professional work experience in Automotive
- Language skills: fluent English, fluent German, Chinese is a plus
- Leadership skills: Management Competencies, intercultural oriented
- Overview of all PMC and Logistics plant processes (incl. Transport, Customs and Trade, operative plant shop floor processes and SAP processes, Layout, Material Flow Planning, warehouse planning, capacity planning, scanner systems)
- Advanced knowledge in Stock management
- Knowledge in Continuous improvement: lean manufacturing, lean logistics
- Usages of KPIs, Tools and SAP logistics
- Overview of Law and Norms (local and plant related), standards, guidelines for PMC and Logistics), ADR law