Title: Senior Purchasing Manager, Raw Materials
Location: Connecticut (Hybrid; 2/3x on-site weekly in Hartford, CT)
At this role for Senior Purchasing Manager, you have the opportunity to leverage their rich heritage and prominent positions in both industrial and consumer sectors to redefine and enhance daily life. If you're passionate about challenging the conventional, consider becoming part of the global community of 50,000 trailblazers. Corporate teams play a pivotal role in unleashing the full potential of the company, supporting dynamic businesses, and empowering people. With renowned brands, cutting-edge technologies, and innovative solutions, you'll encounter a multitude of avenues to explore, fostering your skill set. Thrive within forward-thinking businesses, immerse yourself in diverse and vibrant culture, and discover a place where you truly belong. All of this contributes to leaving your indelible mark on a more sustainable future.
You will be responsible for:
- Holding the position of Regional Category Manager for raw materials within the North American region.
- Overseeing the management of expenditures, key performance indicators (KPI's), and projects related to the specified category.
- Playing a pivotal role in shaping the global procurement strategy and being accountable for its tactical implementation.
- Contributing to the formulation of annual team objectives.
- Taking responsibility for the selection of suppliers and negotiation of contracts, including terms and conditions.
- While you won't have any direct reports, there is potential for supervisory roles in your future.
You will need to have:
- Either an MBA degree along with a minimum of three years of relevant purchasing experience, or a four-year college degree with at least six years of related experience.
- Exceptional expertise in the market, including an understanding of market dynamics, industry trends, and cost determinants. A background in Steel, Plastic resin, or Liner board is advantageous.
- Demonstrated proficiency in purchasing practices, supply chain management, and contract law as they pertain to the procurement process.
- Strong abilities in leading cross-functional teams and exemplary stakeholder management skills.
- A proven track record in delivering compelling presentations.
- Outstanding multitasking and complexity management capabilities.
- Proficiency in project management, with a knack for identifying milestones and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, with consideration given to experience with SAP and Ariba.