Senior Procurement Engineer
- Location: Durham, NC
Our client, one of the world's leading global biotechnology companies, has a newly developed position within their procurement group that will play an integral part in expanding the North American procurement function and sites.
The Senior Procurement Engineer will play a key part in the development of the team's sourcing function, which includes managing, developing, and implementing regional strategies in alignment with the global vision and polices. The successful candidate does have a highly technical engineering background, given the high facility team interactions that they will need to interact with on a daily basis.
MUST have engineering & sourcing background.
The Senior Procurement Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Generating and validating cost benchmarking, cost tables, and market analyses
- Leveraging market intelligence to identify opportunities and risks for the responsible direct commodities to drive procurement strategy execution
- Partnering with legal to review and continuously improve methods of supplier quality performance metrics
- Working cross functionally and partnering with quality, product development, engineering, marketing, and maintenance operations teams
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 2+ year's of sourcing experience with raw materials/equipment/MRO or CapEX
- 4+ year's of engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Preferred)
- Experience with SAP ERP system