Senior Production Operations Manager - for a leading Pharmaceutical Company
- Senior Production Operations Manager
- Albuquerque, NM
A leading Pharmaceutical company is seeking a Senior Production Operations Manager who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Management, Supervisor, or Lead pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Senior Manager - Will be responsible for the preparation of all components and equipment used in the sterile filling process, conducting the sterile filling processes, the decontamination of sterile filling equipment, and the sanitation and preparation of the processing facilities.Responsible for the Production Operations at Biotechnology and Sterile Life Sciences Albuquerque including Wash & Prep, Glass Prep, short-range production scheduling, sanitation, sterilization, and sterile filling. The position is responsible for all aspects of producing products for one of two lines in the facility. The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing metrics to evaluate the performance of the manufacturing operations.
The Senior Manager - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing
- Four(4) to eight (8)+ years directly related experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
- 1 to 2 years in a team leadership role of professional-level individual contributors and managers.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access, as this individual will perform work within these systems on a routine basis.
- Effective interpersonal relation skills, while maintaining the adaptability to achieve company goals.
The Senior Manager - will:
- Understand every aspect of the plant's operations (from receiving to material handling to manufacturing to packaging to shipping) and maintain all workflow processes for each product line
- Performs the usual duties of a Senior Manager such as developing and managing budget and performance objectives, scheduling, hiring, timecards, performance evaluation, termination, etc.
- Supervises the employees and functions of the Production Operations areas in the preparation of equipment and components to be used in the filling process and the completion of the sterile filling process.
- Reviews and approves discrepancy reports to effect the release of the product.
- Leads attend and participate in meetings that affect the release of products and schedule planning.
- Works on projects to analyze and improve manufacturing process; writing SOP's and documenting project.
- Ensures proper training of staff and appropriate records of training have been kept.
- Directly and through staff (four Shift managers, four supervisors, and four production controllers) ensure the cleanliness of assigned areas, sanitation of clean rooms, sterilization of filling equipment, the wash and prep of filling equipment, the preparation of vials and ampoules, and the completion of the sterile filling process.
- Directly and through staff understands and implements safety procedures and CGMP. Responsible for the training and development of the supervisory staff