JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer - High Voltage Systems
JOB LOCATION: Bay Area
The Senior Engineer I in the New Product Engineering team will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of the High Voltage systems for all new vehicles. This candidate will be the owner of the High Voltage systems specifications and drive them back to the suppliers to meet and exceed every aspect of requirements. You will have direct influence on vehicle electrical systems from concept through to manufacturing launch to field support.
High Voltage systems
- Develop and maintain the requirements and standards for the High Voltage designs.This includes staying up to date with the latest SAE charging standards as it pertains to heavy-duty electric vehicles
- Be the HV subject matter expert with cross-functional teams and suppliers
- Evaluate and select HV component for new vehicles that meet design specifications and work with cross-functional teams to drive new high voltage designs through design phase into production
- Perform design analysis on electrical loads, power distribution, & circuit protection
- Lead DFMEA discussions in order to identify potential risks and implement design changes to mitigate potential failure modes based on results
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of progressive engineering experience
Direct experience with:
- Designing High Voltage (HV) systems which includes appropriate cable sizing, connector selection, circuit protection, cable routing & retention, meeting creepage & clearance tolerances, as well as EMC shielding
- Electrified vehicles and related HV componentry such as DC/DC converters, electric traction motors, Li-ion batteries, high-power DC chargers, etc.
- DC fast charging (DCFC), overhead (pantograph) charging, &/or inductive (wireless) charging
This opportunity offers competitive compensation, relocation assistance, and 100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision!