The Safety Manager will maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly data metrics to report to onsite operations leadership and corporate leadership. Supporting site management and warehouse efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate safety program expectations and applicable federal & state laws.
You will also lead the implementation of prevention-focused environmental, health and safety programs. The position will establish, execute and deliver specific strategy that supports the overall EHS objectives, including security and crisis preparedness objectives.
This position is an individual contributor who will work cross functionally with other safety individuals at two other local facilities. This is a 24/6 operation with approximately 500 employees.
- Bachelor's degree or certifications with equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of hands-on environmental and safety experience in a warehousing/distribution, manufacturing, or transportation operation.
- Considerable experience with occupational safety, transportation safety, and environmental compliance preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Has attained or is working toward certification in safety (CSP).
- Other pertinent safety certifications or designations are desirable as well.
- Forklift certification
- General DOT knowledge
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting company standards.
- Strong background in safety with a proven record of results.
- Ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement constructive behavior changes in transportation safety.
- Solid employee relations and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact effectively with all levels of management, supervision, and employees.