Multi billion dollar defense organization seeking an RF engineer.
- In the greater San Francisco Bay Area
Company- This well established organization that has ownership across industrial,missile,UAV,
This technical individual will be responsible for leading the design of RF circuit and architectures using various design tools and their own innovative spirit. Indealy the RF design engineer will have an expansive background and developing RF/microwave components. If you
The Radio Frequency Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design of RF circuits and architectures using cascade analysis and frequency planning tools, and design of components using ADS, MWO, HFSS, Sonnet, Spice or Cadence.
- Design and usage of LNAs, PAs, filters, mixers, frequency multipliers, isolators, couplers, and phase locked oscillators and synthesizers.
- Trade studies for noise figure, power compression, spurious, bandwidth, and SWaP.
- Hardware layout, component evaluation, prototype construction, and test.
- Prepare test methods and specifications, analyze and test hardware to verify performance.
- Lead PDR, CDR, PRR design reviews and give presentations to management and customers.
- Lead project design teams.
- The ability to design circuitry for high frequency receivers, transmitters, and signal generation.
- The ability to conceptualize initial component and system designs with schematics and block diagrams.
- The ability to execute assembly, test, debug, and optimization. Organize results for design reviews and customer presentations.
The Radio Frequency should have the following qualifications:
- BSEE and 15+ years of experience. MSEE preferred.
- Experience with devices, circuitry, or systems operating at RF, microwave, or millimeter-wave frequencies.
- Experience with design tools such as MWO, ADS, HFSS, Sonnet, Spice, or Cadence.
- Knowledge of signal routing and packaging technologies for devices and subassemblies.
- Ability to communicate clearly with excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to find creative and innovative solutions.
- Strong lab skills using test equipment, and ability to tune and align circuitry.
- Ability to use Matlab, Mathcad, or programming languages to perform complex analyses.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team, and be flexible within a dynamic environment.
- Committed to personal excellence and high corporate ethical standards. Ability to be organized and meet project goals and deadlines.
- Lead project design teams as needed.
- U.S. Citizen and able to attain Security Clearance.