Quality Engineer- for a leading Food Production Company
- Quality Engineer
- Dehli, NY
A leading Food Production company is seeking a Quality Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Quality Engineering/Food Science experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Quality Engineer - will be supporting customers who are experiencing issues by participating in lead root cause analysis activities, will develop and maintain effective systems to achieve quality objectives, and will identify continuous improvement opportunities throughout the manufacturing process. The position will develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. In addition, the position provides support to QA in the areas of food safety and sanitation, and auditing.
The Quality Engineer- should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in food engineering, food science, biochemistry, industrial microbiology, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Manufacturing/Supplier Quality environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Good command of Chemistry and biochemistry principles
- Contributes to continuous improvement via the realization of incremental improvements.
- Participates regularly in projects regarding their own areas of expertise.
The Quality Engineer- will:
- Performs statistical analysis for the qualification, control, and continuous improvement of processes, products, and equipment.
- Works closely with customers and internal staff to monitor and address quality issues with appropriate problem-solving methods.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Identify quality problems or areas for improvement in the manufacturing process and recommend solutions.
- Develops document procedures, work or test instructions, and other technical documents for assigned projects.
- Provides technical support to internal technicians, and/or customers as required.
- Lead or participate in problem-solving sessions addressing safety, quality, productivity, or cost issues.
- Suggest methods to improve operational efficiency.
- Support and verification of CAPAs and auditing procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of quality policies and procedures and support drafting and reviewing procedures and work instructions.
- Be the liaison between QA and Continuous Improvement.