A global leader in performance chemicals are looking to expand their team in Switzerland. This greenfield role is an exciting opportunity to join this company in a time of growth and expansion. You will be defining, developing and implementing the global category strategy for raw materials.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies for chemicals, resins, rubber and other raw materials in line with business needs, market trends and supplier capabilities.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts and terms that maximize value, quality and sustainability.
- Collaborating with R&D, production, logistics and other functions to ensure timely and reliable supply of raw materials and seamless integration of sourcing activities.
- Driving continuous improvement in sourcing processes, systems, metrics and supplier performance to achieve cost savings, risk mitigation and innovation.
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of sourcing professionals to deliver exceptional results and foster a culture of excellence, collaboration and accountability.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Numerous years' experience in sourcing raw materials for pharmaceutical chemical, industrial or related industries, with a proven track record of delivering results and building strong supplier relationships.
- Deep knowledge of the market and technical aspects of chemicals or related materials
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation and project management skills, with a customer-centric mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability.
- Educational background in science (bachelors, masters, PHD) extremely beneficial, bot not essential.
- Strong communication skills in German and English