We are partnering with a small but growing Construction firm that works to build affordable housing for multifamily and residential developments in Long Island. They are looking for a purchasing agent who has a strong background in construction companies and materials to join their team. This is a lean team so offers lots of responsibilities and opportunities for advance, strategic implementation and creativity.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Work on multiple projects, lead bid procedure
- Assist in preconstruction on estimating
- Manage the procurement process, purchasing schedules, development, and oversight bid packages
- Manage vendor relationships with subcontractors and material supply firms
- Attend client and project meetings
- Report directly into the Sr. VP of Procurement
- Open communication, strategizing and decision making with other departments in the company
The ideal candidate will:
- Bachelor's degree OR relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience purchasing for a construction company
- A go-getter attitude
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to be creative and strategic
- Willingness to commute to the office 5 days a week.
This opportunity is located in Nassau County. This position offers a competitive base, bonus and benefits package.