Position Overview: The Project Safety Lead plays a critical role in ensuring the safety of all individuals on construction sites and related project locations in Longview, Washington. This role will involve the development, implementation, and management of comprehensive safety programs and initiatives to mitigate risks, promote a culture of safety, and ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies.
- Safety Program Development: Collaborate with project managers and site supervisors to develop, implement, and continuously improve safety programs, policies, and procedures tailored to the unique aspects of each project.
- Safety Training: Conduct safety training sessions for employees, subcontractors, and other stakeholders, ensuring they are well-informed about safety protocols and procedures.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential safety hazards on construction sites and develop strategies to mitigate them, including regular site inspections and hazard assessments.
- Incident Investigation: Lead investigations into accidents, incidents, or near misses, documenting findings and recommending corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations, as well as company safety standards. Keep abreast of changes in regulations and update safety programs accordingly.
- Emergency Preparedness: Develop and maintain emergency response plans, including first aid and evacuation procedures, and conduct drills to ensure readiness.
- Safety Culture: Promote a strong culture of safety, awareness, and accountability among all project team members.
- Reporting: Generate and submit regular safety reports to project management, highlighting key metrics, incident data, and recommendations for improvement.
- Safety Equipment: Oversee the selection, maintenance, and proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety gear on the project sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Construction Management, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial construction and safety by design principles is required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Must be OSHA 510 certified.
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.