A leading Automotive supplier is looking for a Project Engineer to join their facility outside of Charlotte, NC. With over 50 years of excellence supporting OEMs, they are a leader in Engineering, Design, and Manufacturing of Aluminium parts. If you want a stable workplace with opportunity for growth, this is the position for you!
Salary: $90,000 - $105,000 - 15% Bonus
The Project Engineer will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering Department, and is responsible for planning and executing projects for design, installation and modification of capital equipment and facilities. This includes oversight the direction of internal and external resources to insure projects are completed on time and on budget. This role will support following:
- Manufacturing Processes: Foundry, Heat Treatment, Machining, Assembly and Material Handling
- Equipment specification and design, capital procurement, Installation, validation and initial production
- Implementation of efficient advance technology such as robotics, autonomous vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draw layout plant and process, equipment procurement, Installation and Validation, production ramp up
- Submit capital request, prepare ROI justification, manage, and execute acquisition process.
- Conduct cross functional meeting with internal/external stakeholders for good alignment and good results.
- Supplier selection and evaluation.
- Champion project management gated process to ensure good alignment and efficient resource usage.
- Establish and maintain equipment specifications and performance requirements for manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain project timelines and deliverables to support internal and external customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration with senior leadership team, plant management and technical staff.
Education and Experience: (Must Have)
- Bachelor' degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering with minimum 6 years of experience. Or Associate degree with minimum 10 years of project management experience in a high pace production environment.
- Strong Project Management skills - PMI or PMBOK certification is a plus. Proficient in project management tools such as MS Project, Smart Sheet or any other industry known software.
- Design and draw floor and equipment layouts with Auto Cad or Kronos (3D), material presentation and Kanban system
- Hands on experience in equipment moving, installation, validation, commissioning.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
If you are interested in this Project Engineer opportunity, please apply today!