Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Greater Pittsburgh Area
A leading, multi-billion-dollar company within the paint and coating industry is seeking out a Production Supervisor to join their team and supervise the plant production and maintenance on a production shift.
The Production Supervisor will be accountable for supervising shift operations to ensure safety, efficiency, and effectiveness in manufacturing operations; reviewing operations to ensure assigned goals were attained, taking proactive measures to resolve operational concerns, leading an engaged workforce that ensures positive relations, as well as meeting goals related to safety, quality, people, service, and cost.
The Production Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain positive employee relations while coaching, training, disciplining, motivating, and managing hourly manufacturing employees.
- Meeting or exceeding departmental goals while maintaining Housekeeping Excellence standards for shift and department and acting as liaison between employees and management.
- Supporting site safety, implementing new safety procedures, recommend improvements, and assure compliance.
- Be familiar with equipment and operating procedures to recognize defects and resolve.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products.
- Assure all team members are properly trained in all essential areas, manage timecards for production and payroll, and performing annual performance appraisals.
- Demonstrate leadership consistent with Company vision, mission, and values.
The ideal Production Supervisor must have the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without needing sponsorship for employment
- Must have one year experience MINIMUM in a manufacturing, distribution, operations environment, or completion of the GSC Accelerated Development Program
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Previous supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Formal training with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5S, LEAN Manufacturing
- Experience with timekeeping and/or production control systems
- Six Sigma certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, etc.)
- Willingness to relocate in the future if considered for promotional opportunities
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!