Production Supervisor Needed for a Leading Food Production Organization
- Location: Fremont, CA area.
- Production Team.
A leading food manufacturing organization is in need of a Production Supervisor to help with the production team. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for directing a team of 15 production employees. The Production Supervisor will implement and maintain Lean Six Sigma principles to help increase productivity and cut costs. The Production Supervisor will act as a safety lead and ensure the team is following OSHA safety regulations. Continuously train and improve the production team. If you are a well-seasoned and ambitious Production Supervisor this is the role for you!
Production Supervisor responsibilities:
- Manage all operations on the food production floor
- Hire, train and develop employees as future leaders in the manufacturing organization
- Ensure all operations are compliant with FDA and USDA guidelines
- Develop, implement and uphold SOPs and operational KPIs to foster a culture of safety and continuous improvement
- Utilize LEAN and/or Six Sigma methodologies to drive improvements within the manufacturing facility
- Cross-collaborate with other department heads to ensure alignment on company goals
- Train and develop the production team.
- Help implement and maintain Lean Six Sigma principles throughout the plant.
- Ensure that OSHA safety regulations are being followed and maintained.
- Work cross functionally with continuous improvement and operational excellence to cut down on waste and run special projects.
- Maintain all production goals.
- Implement KPI's and SOP's for the production team.
Production Supervisor Qualifications:
- 3+ years' experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus, but not required
- Proven track record for developing, implementing and upholding best practices for a best-in-class manufacturing facility
- Experience creating and uphold a Continuous Improvement culture in the facility
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications a plus, but not required
- Expertise of USDA, FDA and other industry guidelines
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry (Food) is a plus.