Job Title: Production Supervisor (2nd or 3rd Shift)
Industry: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Location: Greater Providence Area
Supervision and Leadership:
- Lead, mentor, and supervise production staff on the 2nd or 3rd shift, ensuring a cohesive and motivated team.
- Provide clear direction, set performance expectations, and conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, encouraging teamwork and open communication.
- Oversee the production processes, ensuring timely and efficient manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
- Monitor production schedules and adjust workflows to meet production targets and deadlines.
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate material availability and resolve production-related issues.
- Enforce adherence to quality control procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to maintain high-quality standards.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to identify and resolve quality issues promptly.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives to enhance production efficiency and product quality.
Safety and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and company policies to maintain a safe working environment.
- Investigate and report incidents, accidents, and near misses, implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with the Safety and Compliance team to conduct safety training sessions for production staff.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate production records, including batch records, inventory logs, and production reports.
- Generate regular production reports for management review, highlighting key performance indicators and areas for improvement.
- Manage resources effectively, including manpower, equipment, and materials, to optimize production efficiency.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to ensure timely availability of raw materials and supplies.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical production processes, GMP, and quality control standards.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop a high-performing team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in using manufacturing software and Microsoft Office applications.