Job Title: Procurement Manager
Company: A dynamic, growing organization in the clean energy industrial gas compression industry with almost 50 years of experience.
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Onsite)
Role Summary: The Procurement Manager will be responsible for supporting day-to-day activities including placing PO's, strategic sourcing, updating forecasts, calculating and updating MRP data, and aligning purchasing strategy. The role involves working closely with engineering, project management, and production control teams. Team leadership will be critical to this position as it entails direct reports and the building out of the organization's Purchasing department.
- Manage organizational Purchasing department & activities
- Lead and support inventory reduction activities
- Direct RFQ operations including bid evaluation and supplier negotiation
- Calculate and update Safety Stock, Reorder Points & Lot Sizes
- Develop and implement processes in ERP system
- Work closely with Engineers and Project Managers/Engineers to ensure production plans are met
- Extract data from ERP database for report building and KPI updates
- Increase vendors' OTD; ensure PO's delivery dates are updated
- Create strategies for long lead-times materials/vendors
- Support international teams as needed
- Establish planning strategies for Purchasing based on data analysis of parts consumption
- Identify and correct process deviations that may lead to inventory inaccuracies
- Responsible for purchases of all direct, indirect, and MRO components
- Identify risks to supply chain and communicate proactively to Operations Management for risk mitigation
Supervisory/Management Requirements: This role involves supervising employees in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Join our team if you're looking for a change and want to be a valued team member of a dynamic growing organization!