Title: Process Engineer
Location: Sylacauga, Alabama
DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading global producer of industrial minerals who is looking to add a Process Engineer to their growing Sylacauga, AL site. This person will develop and implement process improvements for existing and upcoming capital projects. This person will be vital in minimizing impact on existing production and rapidly executing plans to expand or enhance process performance.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design process flow sheet with enough detail that Engineering can develop piping and instrumentation diagrams for all capital projects.
- Troubleshoot existing installations to rapidly resolve problems, which are limiting production.
- Evaluation of new process equipment and the development of products as they are introduced into the plant - both for existing and new products.
- Maintain a strong relationship with Maintenance group to review systems and data toward developing preventive and corrective schedules to improve equipment availability.
- Be aware of environmental impacts and take corrective action when problems are observed by notification of appropriate personnel.
- Presentation of projects to management, customers (internal and external) for training aspects, sale of idea, or persuasion of issue.
- Stay current with the latest production techniques, within the company and industry, as they apply to the emerging production lines
The Process Engineer should have:
- BS in Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical preferred
- Previous mineral processing experience
- Project engineering experience preferred
- Must have a hands-on work ethic to troubleshoot and operate equipment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds like you, apply in today!