Our company has been providing the food processing industry with products for over 90 years. Our company's longevity and success is due to the devoted effort and persistent initiative of employees in each department and plant. Our products are principal ingredients of foods such as sauces and marinades and many other products.
Site operations lead for the American Canyon, CA facility. This is not a remote position. The Plant Operations Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This position develops processes that maximize ownership, stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination for plant operations.
- Ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures promoting a world-class safety culture.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and governmental regulations
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to ensure effective leadership, collaboration and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service and productivity.
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs
- Coordinates with Engineering/Maintenance teams in the design and progress of capital projects
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the plants operating plan.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Identify and address conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Education And Experience Required
- Five or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Business Management;
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills required
- Ability to be bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company; plant floor to executive leadership.
- Excellent time management, and strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, team-building and training skills.
Preferred Education, Experience And Skills
- Food manufacturing experience preferred. USDA experience beneficial.
- Food & Beverages
- Food Production
- Consumer Goods
- Supply Chain