Plant Manager Opportunity with a Leading Food Production Firm
- Plant Manager | Director of Operations
- Greater Phoenix, AX Area
Today one of the leading Food Production companies in North America is looking for a Plant Manager to manage and lead overall plant operations ensuring the achievement of plant targets for Safety, Quality, Service and Cost.
This will be executed through providing strong leadership to the plant team and managing the systems, equipment, people and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. The Plant Leadership Team members within the facility will report directly to the Plant Manager (typically 4-8 direct reports).
The Ideal Plant Manager will have the following skill set:
- 5+ years Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree or 12+ years in meat or food production required
- Meat Manufacturing or Processing experience required
- Familiarity with USDA regulations
- Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications strongly preferred
The Plant Manager will have the following responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Leads identification of opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI's. (specifically, safety, quality, waste, and productivity)
- Oversees all aspects of human capital planning & management for the facility, including Site Specific goal setting, improvement targets for KPI's, salary planning, performance management.
- Ensure compliance with department safety, product safety, fire protection, Company polices/procedures, and housekeeping programs.
- Ensures effective, timely and well-developed communications for all product associates.
- Manage process control initiatives by ensuring manufacturing SOP's exist, and that they are sufficient for quality, safety, and process control.
- Leads plant budgeting processes
- Ensures execution of plant Cap-Ex
- Lead and ensure growth of a Lean culture by providing resources, participating in teams, and leading teams as necessary.