Job Purpose: The Plant Engineer plays a pivotal role in supporting plant operations and project execution. They are an integral part of the project execution team, responsible for leading smaller projects and coordinating process design activities carried out by engineering contractors for larger projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Conduct studies to identify opportunities for improving manufacturing and energy efficiency across the plant.
- Process Engineering:
- Maintain and update documentation, including material balances, P&IDs, and automation functional descriptions.
- Perform modeling studies using tools like AutoCAD.
- Demonstrate proficiency in PLC and controls.
- Contribute to the development of project premises and detailed scopes.
- Gather operating data as required.
- Prepare evaluations of process schemes.
- Create process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation.
- Safety, Health, and Environmental Performance:
- Exhibit safety leadership in both daily activities and process designs.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for the process aspects of the Management of Change work process.
- Educate and coach operations and maintenance personnel on new processes.
- Lead or participate in safety reviews such as HAZOP.
- Assist the Safety and Environmental Manager in implementing environmental improvement initiatives.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Oversee contractor(s) process design performance.
- Participate in preparing and submitting regulatory permits.
- Contribute to commissioning and start-up planning.
- Be a member of the start-up team, providing process expertise.
- Maintain a comprehensive project chronology of process design revisions for use in validating contract change orders or defending against claims.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Packaging, or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience: 5+ years in process design roles with increasing responsibility, complexity, and scope.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of current A/B, Simulation, and AutoCAD engineering software.
- Proficiency in Windows-based database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop reports and presentations for management.
- Strong technical competence.
- Effective interpersonal and team-building skills.