Rapidly Growing LiDAR Technology Company Seeking Talented Optical Engineer
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area
- Competitive Compensation + Growth Potential
A rapidly growing LiDAR tech company is looking for a highly experienced Optical Engineer with a solid expertise in developing optical systems for their team of engineers. This organization is creating/manufacturing the world's most complex Lidar systems for the Automotive markets.
This Company is seeking an Optical Design Engineer to design and validate optical imaging system for the high-performance 3D LiDAR product, and support new product introduction to volume manufacturing process to support automotive and non-automotive customers.
- Develop optical systems for products, from concept through production
- Design optical assemblies and adjacent system components
- Analyze feature-performance tradeoffs
- Validate optical system performance
- Troubleshoot the optical system, when needed
- Work with other teams to ensure integration of the optical system
- Design calibration and manufacturing schemes and apparatus
- Help transition optical systems to contract manufacturers
- Bachelor's degree in optical system design or similar w/ 5+ years of working experience, or Master and Ph.D. plus 2+ years of working experience
- Deep understanding of optical physics and optical imaging systems
- Good hands-on skillset on the optical system alignment, characterization and validation
- Experience w/ novel optical system development, material including glass and plastic, and process including diamond turning, injection molding, micro-machining for integrated optics
- Good design experience with the lens system tolerancing and marginality using both glass and plastic optical materials
If interested, APPLY NOW !