Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Pineland, TX
A leading name in the Pulp and Paper industry is seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to assist with the directing of all maintenance activities within their lumber mill.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for driving safety excellence through employee involvement, ownership, and accountability. The Maintenance Supervisor must also proactively identify hazards and implement appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risks involved while monitoring the quality of work and providing guidance to the team. This role will provide critical input to the management team and influence others, while positively impacting the organization.
The Maintenance Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise/coordinate maintenance efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs
- Support the production processes to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, as well as problem-solving and resolution
- Drive safety excellence and compliance through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved
- Monitor the quality of craft work and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues
- Provide safety training to crew members
- Data entry and completing/generating reports
The Maintenance Supervisor MUST have the following qualifications:
- Must be willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferably in a manufacturing environment or a military environment
- 2 years of prior maintenance scheduling/planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Ability to read structural blueprints and hydraulic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing operations equipment for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical issues
If you are interested in the Maintenance Supervisor opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!