Job Summary: We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Maintenance Superintendent to oversee and manage our maintenance operations at our chemical manufacturing facility in Texas. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in the chemical manufacturing industry and a proven track record of leadership and management within the maintenance department.
- Lead and manage the maintenance team, ensuring the safety, quality, and efficiency of all maintenance activities.
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies, plans, and schedules to optimize equipment and facility performance.
- Monitor and analyze equipment and facility performance data to identify issues and implement corrective actions.
- Manage the maintenance budget, control costs, and ensure the efficient use of resources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including production, engineering, and safety, to ensure seamless operations and minimize downtime.
- Implement and enforce safety procedures and practices, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the maintenance team for troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Oversee the training and development of maintenance personnel to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records and documentation, including work orders and equipment histories.
- Source and manage vendors, contractors, and suppliers to support maintenance needs.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance overall operational efficiency and reliability.
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to drive innovation within the maintenance department.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the chemical manufacturing industry.
- At least 5 years of leadership and management experience in maintenance or related roles.
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance best practices, predictive and preventive maintenance techniques, and reliability-centered maintenance.
- Strong understanding of safety regulations and compliance in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, resources, and personnel.
- Proficiency in computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Certifications in maintenance management or related fields are a plus.