Machine Design Engineer
Location: Bessemer City, NC - Greater Charlotte, NC
Company Summary: A well-established Household Goods company is looking for a Machine Design Engineer. They are a large global company with a small company feel. The company develops custom window shades, blinds, shutters, and draperies. They are working on cutting edge smart design and need a Machine Design Engineer who can bring new ideas to fruition.
Job Summary: A Mechanical Engineer with proven results in automated machine design and build. Able to complete full CAD design, drawings and CAD assembly of machine designs. Able to specify commonly used machine components such as linear bearings, motors, controllers, sensors etc. Machine controls familiarity, but not required to be full programmer. Experience with PLC driven machines required and PC driven a plus. Web handling and/or printing machinery a plus.
The Machine Design Engineer will be responsible for…
- Machine Design: Designs, using CAD, modifications or new designs to production equipment used to meet the needs of manufacturing and fabrication.
- Component specification: Able to specify commonly used machine components such as linear bearings, motors, controllers, sensors belts, pulleys, etc.
- Able to assemble, disassemble, troubleshoot and service machinery
- Analytical: Able to study and determine solutions to existing issues or new designs. Determine root causes and best solutions versus quick fixes.
- Basic Wiring/PLC/HMI Navigation: Able to perform basic wiring and utilize PLC's for operating and troubleshooting. Understand sensor logic and provide machine sequences.
The Machine Design Engineer should have the following qualifications…
- 3+ years of experience in Machine Design
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Basic PLC & HMI knowledge
- Experience on Web Handling machines is preferred
- US Citizen/Green Card
If you are interested in the Machine Design Engineer role, apply today.