An international Heavy Duty Automotive company is searching for a Lead Vehicle Electronics Engineer. With their household name they are one of them most sought after employers in the US. If you are interested in expanding your skills within the Automotive industry and joining a dynamic and innovative environment, this is the job for you.
What You Will be Doing
As a Vehicle Electronics Engineer you will deliver vehicle functions, dynamics, and ADAS technical solutions by utilizing hardware and software currently in production or being developed on the next generation electronics platform. You will also be involved in modifying the vehicle functions fit the needs of the North American market.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing & maintaining product roadmaps for the areas of interest and aligning the same with Technology streams, brands and propose solutions.
- Playing an active role in benchmarking activities and performing gap analysis.
- Developing new hardware & software that is specific to North American markets.
- Detailing and specifying requirements to both internal & external suppliers
- Planning and tracking the progress of the projects and managing risks, as necessary.
- Documenting design solutions to match the sales variants of the truck
- Ensuring solutions are verified and validated against requirements
- Validating and verifying that we meet applicable regulations for current and future years.
- Covering applicable market-specific and customer-specific needs.
- Respecting product positioning strategies and aligning at the best level amongst competitors.
- Developing solutions that are futuristic and scalable while keeping low costs a priority
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-8+years of experience in Embedded Software and/or Automotive Electronics
- Truck or Passenger Auto Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead product development activities with cross functional teams, internal & external supplier teams from around the global.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Prior experience working with Body control modules, ABS, ADAS systems as a component owner
- Knowledge of North American regulations applicable to commercial transportation would be a plus
- Sound understanding of CAN & LIN networks & protocols
- Ability to understand and break down system-level requirements into components and end-user functions
- Expertise in design documentation and software configuration and linking them to sales variants or similar
- Comfortable working with project management processes and agile large solution teams/ trains.
- To achieve your mission and build your network, you will also be traveling occasionally.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today's challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
If you are interested in the Lead Vehicle Electronics Engineer position, Apply Today!