This leading FMCG company prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive team that embraces individuals from various backgrounds, with diverse perspectives, ideas, and experiences. They believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels empowered to share their opinions, pursue career growth, and be a part of a genuinely compassionate and inclusive team.
What will you do?
As the Head of Warehouse at the Amstelveen site, you will take charge of all warehouse operations including the P&L for the site and the RFH site. Leading a team of 90+ production employees and team leads, your responsibility will be to ensure that the company works efficiently, safely, and with the highest quality standards.
In this fast-paced and dynamic environment, you will thrive and deliver results, adapting and improving continuously as the context changes. You will support your team to the best of your ability, maintain close communication with labour agencies and colleagues across the supply chain.
As the head of warehouse operations, you will utilize your current skills and knowledge to implement and enhance effective processes and procedures. You will also collaborate with other warehouse leaders to identify and incorporate best practices.
Your responsibilities will include
- Planning, organizing, directing, and leading day-to-day operations to meet operational targets, exceed customer expectations, and align with the company's core culture and values.
- Recruiting, developing, and leading a team responsible for intake, processing, production, packing, and fulfilling customer orders ((~6 direct reports, ~20 indirect ~80 agency workers)
- Managing all inventory, ensuring controlled, maintained, and accurate recording and reporting in close collaboration with the procurement team.
- Driving continuous improvement, innovation, and operational efficiency, embedding robust processes, technology, and automation through structured data-driven problem solving,.
- You will establish, own, and run reporting, providing regular, accurate data analysis to the senior leadership team. Customer satisfaction will be a top priority, and you will work closely with the quality team to ensure delivery on the customer promise.
- You will be responsible for on-site Health and Safety, ensuring that all staff are adequately trained and provided with fit-for-purpose tools and equipment to fulfil their duties while complying with all relevant H&S regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Have more than 5 years of relevant experience leading a fast-paced e-commerce manufacturing or fulfilment operation with seasonal peaks.
- Have a successful track record in developing and managing high-performance teams.
- Bonus points if you have experience in horticultural or food manufacturing and/or B2C packing/order fulfilment.
- Be capable of analyzing data and processes to solve problems, while collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Have excellent attention to detail, experience with Excel, data, warehouse systems/software, and collaboration tools such as Google apps and Slack is a must.
- Have knowledge of best practices processes in a warehouse environment and experience in successfully implementing and embedding them.
- Experience in driving automation and innovation in warehouse operations is required.
- Be able to effectively communicate and work in a remote/cross-functional team environment.
- Have a passion for quality, customer experience, people, and processes.
- A driver's license is required
- Written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English.