This opportunity is with a global leader based in Cologne, Germany. They are currently on the lookout for a new Head of Procurement with a background in electronics commodity management. Having hit a revenue of $15billion+ last year and over 74,000 employees wordwide, this company offers career progression on a global scale.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies that align with the company's goals and objectives.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate the procurement team, fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Oversee the entire procurement process, from supplier selection and negotiation to contract management and performance evaluation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including finance, operations, and quality assurance, to ensure seamless procurement operations.
- Evaluate and optimise supplier relationships, ensuring quality, cost-effectiveness, and compliance with ethical and sustainable standards.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities, negotiate contracts, and manage supplier performance to achieve financial goals.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory changes, adapting procurement strategies accordingly.
- Implement and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track and report on procurement performance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in procurement processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field; MBA or CIPS certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in procurement leadership roles, with a minimum of 10 years within procurement.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices, supplier management, and market analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
- Familiarity with sustainability and ethical sourcing practices.
- Knowledge of the German procurement landscape and regulations is highly desirable.
- Fluent in German and English