Global Category Manager for IT
My client is a key player in the manufacturing field, with a revenue of near 3 billion and a worldwide presence. The company are looking to drastically grow their procurement function due to great results over the past 12 months. Their vision is to become an excellent value-added procurement partner to all stakeholders within the business. The role is an Global Category Manager for IT to be based in Netherlands.
- Global sourcing processes for the category of IT Procurement looking at Hardware, Software and Telecoms.
- Have an influence on the area of spend for the IT Category.
- Design and implementation of the category plans, in line with the global direction of the company.
- Developing, executing, and managing category-specific sourcing plans to support the overall procurement strategy.
- Develop the sourcing & procurement category strategy together with the Indirect Procurement team and senior leaders.
- Focus on a sustainable optimisation of the profit contribution of strategic procurement activities.
- Ensuring that all Procurement Sourcing and Supplier Management Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Manage relationships with major external partners for the category in scope.
- Several years professional procurement experience in global strategic purchasing environment.
- Good category management framework understanding.
- Experience in developing and executing procurement category strategies.
- Experience as a global Sourcing/Category/Commodity Manager for products and services such as IT, Software or Tech services.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, professional fluency in English.
- An interesting role in an exciting industry.
- Career progression opportunities within the business.
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team.