I'm currently hiring for a global logistics purchasing manager to be based out of Basel, Switzerland. This role is for a company who's vision is to lead a global market for the growing need of safer tobacco products by and through innovative applications and process that will define Cellulose Acetate as the global market for safer tobacco consumption.
· Develop and execute the international logistics policy with the objective to maximise our internal customer satisfaction and our business sustainability.
· Manage sea and land transports, internal and external warehousing, supplier relationships, negotiations and contractual arrangements.
· Lead their international purchasing network of buyers and their logistics activities.
· Provide market intelligence on international logistics markets and set up the corresponding optimal purchasing strategy.
· Establish the international logistics purchasing budget and ensure its performance.
· You will act as the international logistics business expert for the company
· Manage the international purchasing of warehousing, sea and land transports in line with the agreed corporate purchasing strategy.
· Prepare, lead and conclude commercial negotiations with logistics vendors in close cooperation with management.
· Craft agreements with logistics vendors in close cooperation with the Legal Function.
· Drive local buyers in the field of logistics and ensure that the logistics purchasing strategy is duly implemented.
· Broad logistics, supply chain and procurement experience.
· Strong negotiations skills and contract management experience.
· Recognised ability to establish and meet ambitious targets while tracking performance in a very structured manner
· Experienced team leader of global teams.
· Fluent in English and German
If this sounds like something of interest and would be fitting of your experience, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.