We have a current opportunity for a Global Facilities Team Regional Design Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Singapore. For further information about this position please apply.
The job role of a design manager involves the following duties:
- Motivating and encouraging internal and external design teams
- Ensuring structural and MEP drawings and designs are produced on time, to a high quality, and are easy to decipher
- Overseeing the design process using technical expertise
- Working with stakeholders to ensure that their expectations are met
- Reviewing designs with health, safety, sustainability, and operational efficiency in mind
- Avoiding errors and reducing financial risk during construction
- Ensuring designs are available to those who need them, at the appropriate time
- Maintaining thorough documentation of the design process
- Keeping up to date with changing building legislation and codes of practice relating to design
- Working in an office, with occasional site visits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, Master's Degree desired.
- Minimum 10-year experience in Engineering Design and Management
- Ability to prioritize and schedule workload and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Good organizational skills and Service attitude
- Excellent communication skills and good team working skills, English required
- Self-motivated worker
- Familiarity with semiconductor manufacturing and facilities systems