Global Commodity Buyer - Powertrain/ Interior & Exterior/ Body & Chassis and Electronics
I am currently working with a market leading automotive company that is seeking to hire several senior procurement professionals to join their team in Stuttgart. Due to the recent expansion they're searching for Procurement Buyers and Managers in Powertrain/ Interior & Exterior/ Body & Chassis and Electronics. If you have relevant experience working with ANY of these commodities within the automotive industry, then please apply below.
- Orchestrate all procurement activities related to one specific commodity (Interior & Exterior/ Body & Chassis and Electronics)
- Identify and source the components and systems with the best technical and commercial fit to the vehicle and operations requirements.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and execute sourcing decisions for one commodity (Interior & Exterior/ Body & Chassis and Electronics), all sourcing decisions are cross functionally aligned between Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure best balanced commercial terms considering technical feasibility, volume demands, quality and manufacturing requirements.
- Fulfil all relevant project targets regarding material and tooling cost as well as timeline.
- Constant observation of the global supply market regarding changes that affects our business.
- Develop and align category strategies across multiple functions with consideration for global supply market developments as well as internal requirements.
- Identify, evaluate and countermeasure risks associated with the supply chain for Powertrain.
- Manage and co-ordinate raw material fluctuations with the suppliers and commodities across the whole category.
- Work closely with Engineering, Commercial and Industrialisation to agree future demand plans, materials and equipment.
- Network with the wider organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities.
- Experience gained in either Powertrain/ Interior & Exterior/ Body & Chassis/ Electronics within the automotive industry.
- Previous direct knowledge of procurement from concept-through-industrialisation-to-operation.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Able to demonstrate experiences in building and maintaining senior supplier relationships.
- Demonstrable strategic procurement experience and or NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good capability with Microsoft Office software and experience with SAP is desirable, training will be available.
- English language is mandatory and German would be beneficial.
- There will be significant travel involved in the role
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815