A multinational corporation operating in the consumer goods industry, is looking for a Global Category Manager Energy and Sustainability to join their procurement team. This company has a goal of achieving net 0 in the next 5 years and this role offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of this goal. This role is well suited to an ambitious, forward-thinking individual with a passion for sustainability and renewable energy.
- Define and develop the sourcing strategy for energy (mainly power and gas), whilst monitoring the global market trends and providing market opinions. You will be managing a spend of around €300M across 45 manufacturing sites.
- Pro-actively search for opportunities to collaborate with new suppliers as well as developing relationships with existing suppliers.
- Manage complex cross-functional projects, this role involved a high level of responsibility and offers great opportunity for creativity.
- Multiple years' experience in the energy sector - either sourcing energy/utilities or working in the energy/commodities industry. Experience working with sustainability approaches and renewable energy will be beneficial.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous complex sourcing projects, requiring a high level of time management skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to take initiative and drive development
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, professional fluency in English. Additional languages are beneficial but not essential