DSJ Global is currently partnered with a Custom Cabinets company looking for a General Manager for their shop in Madison, Alabama.
The ideal candidate must have experience in the cabinet construction industry, supervisory/lead, sales scheduling services and design/drafting knowledge. General Manager will meet with customers, participate in the conceptual development of a cabinetry projects, and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation. Ability to improve efficiency, production, maintain quality/safety standards, operating budgets, and maintain staffing.
- Manage/lead supervisor operations/ shop foreman and shop labor by managing employees, coach-train new/existing employees and overall daily shop operations
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses as needed
- Approve/review scheduling production, manufacturing cabinets and installation schedules
- Understanding company product lines, equipment machinery, assembly standards, and installation techniques
- Enforcing quality assurance standards and safety protocols
- Creating/directing sales/design staff for accurate production and installation as required
- Maintaining shop oversight equipment, tools and company vehicles
- Producing daily cut lists
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction and installation problems.
- Monitoring material flow, procurement, scrap, operating budget, pricing/promotions
- Resolve and communicate delays and find ways to always improve - use problem resolution skills with clients and employees.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, sub-contractors, clients, and supervisors.
- Manage, hire and fire cabinet field crew, installers; oversee timecards
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years plus of hands-on field and/or shop experience in cabinetry, woodworking millwork or other construction trade
- Working knowledge of shop equipment (including CNC router & machines) and processes.
- Beam saw knowledge a plus
- 3 years plus supervising or managing cabinet shop, bench carpenters, millwork, construction/trim work or equivalent staff
- AS or advanced degree /certifications a plus.
- Skilled in building positive partnerships and working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Experience in design/sales.
- Ability to read and comprehend architectural drawings and technical specifications required.
- Expert knowledge with installation of product
- Possess excellent organization and multi-tasking skills; must demonstrate ability to manage several activities at once, organize/prioritize work to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Knowledge of plastic laminates, veneers and melamine's as well as Quality Control of products being fabricated are required are a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and be deadline oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including MS Outlook, basic Excel and use of email