Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) Supervisor Required for Leading Food Production Firm
Job Title: FSQA Supervisor
Location: Greater Houston, TX Area
A leading food manufacturer is seeking a FSQ Supervisor to join their rapidly growing team. The FSQ Supervisor will play a critical role in ensuring that all products are produced at the highest safety and quality standards.
Responsibilities of the FSQA Supervisor Include:
- Ensures manufacturing compliance for all areas including but not limiting raw materials, processing, and finished products. Develop, implement, and maintain HACCP program.
- Develop and maintain specifications for products and materials. Oversees the approval for raw materials use in production via company guidelines. Enforce quality and capacity standards for packaging containers.
- Ensures compliance with local and federal regulations.
- Assists in the training of HACCP, GMP and other regulations for all employees.
- Oversees the preoperative sanitation inspections and follow up procedures.
- Maintains existing programs in the areas of production, sampling frequency, sample testing and assures adherence to regulations.
- Certifies corrective action is taken with suppliers/and or buyers to ensure compliance of finished products.
- Contributes to the maintenance and audits if Quality Management Systems for both internal and external products.
- Ensures analysis methods are accurate.
- Develops and maintains a systematic sampling of in process and finished products and documents are test performed.
- Assures new product specifications meet company QA levels and resolves customer complaints
Creates FSQ policies/procedures and trains employees on new policies/procedures.
- Works with USDA inspector to resolve any issues and audits plant to ensure Federal and State regulations standards are met.
The ideal FSQA Supervisor will have the Following skillset:
- 3+ years Quality/Food Safety experience in a USDA Regulated Environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years experience
- Experience in food or beverage manufacturing
- Expertise on USDA principles
- HACCP/ PCQI/SQF Certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of USDA/FDA procedures
- Experience with microbial prevention
- Knowledge of math, chemistry, statistical process control, and microbiology
- Comprehensive benefits Package
- Bonus Structure
- Relocation Assistance
- Career Growth