Facility & MHE (Material Handling Equipment) Supervisor needed for a leading Food & Beverage service company
- Honolulu, HI
- Facilities, Operations, and Material Handling Equipment team
The global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food and non-food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments is seeking a Facility and Material Handling Equipment Supervisor. They are looking for an individual to supervise the activities associated with the general maintenance, repair, and appearance of the facility, outside grounds, security, power industrial equipment technicians and third-party providers.
Ideal Qualifications for the Facility & MHE Supervisor include:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 5 years maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 100 pounds
- Refrigeration maintenance experience a plus
- Currently resides in Hawaii
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Level 1 Ammonia Operation Certification required or must obtain within 60 days of employment and pass on the first try as a condition of employment. Level 2 is preferred.
- HAZWOPER 24 hours Training required or must obtain within 60 days of employment and pass on the first try as a condition of employment.
- Ability to be exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- Periodically required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
Responsibilities for the Facility & MHE Supervisor include:
- Expense management, compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management and direction to facility maintenance staff
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, beverage department, power industrial equipment, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), automation, and security.
- Oversees labor hours and consumable supplies within budget
- Coordinates emergency response or crisis management activities, develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination
- Assists Safety Manager with training initiatives.
- Supervises the proper selection, purchase, utilization, and inventory of Company assets in support of the facilities, beverage department, and power industrial equipment, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Automation, and security departments. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively