Electrical Test Field Technician - Syracuse, NY
A fast-paced, high-energy electronics manufacturer is seeking talented technicians to assist in the launch of new sustainable products to market. This organization is seeking to develop new technologies in electric motors, power electronics and smart connected devices that reduce energy of flow machines (pumps, fans, compressors) as much as 50%.
As an Electrical Test Field Technician, you will be responsible for testing power electronics and electric motors. The system testing will evaluate performance, functionality, and eventual certification with the final goal of product launch.
- Install, assemble and testing of electro-mechanical and electronic systems in lab environment
- Diagnose and repair problems with electro-mechanical and electronic systems
- Supervise and assist installation and commission of motor-drives at customer locations
- Assist in the commissioning of a new test facility
- Communicate with customers, team members, engineers and managers to determine possible problems or update individuals with work progress, on a daily basis.
- Decipher complex schematics, drawings, diagrams, blueprints and instructions
- Travel < 40%
- Associate degree in electronics/engineering or completion of a certificate program in the field
- 5+ years as an electronics test technician or field-service technician
- Experience with power electronics, variable frequency drives and electrical motors
- Experience with repairing printed circuit boards including fine pitch SMT
This role offers competitive compensation (salaried) with relocation assistance if needed.