Job Title: Electrical Systems Manager
Job Location: South San Francisco, CA
About You and the Role:
As the Electrical Systems Manager, you will be overseeing the System Prototype and Test team. This team is a multi-disciplinary hardware and software team responsible for the development and deployment of flight prototypes and automated test systems from the early stages of a project through to production and field release.
You will lead and grow a team of software and electrical engineers responsible for the design and deployment of complete embedded solutions needed for flight and production use.
The ideal candidate is a leader with a strong foundation in embedded software and electronics, with the proven capacity to lead and grow a high-performing team.
- Minimum 6 years of design experience in writing and shipping production embedded software code and systems in Python, C, C++, or Rust
- Past success growing and leading a high-performance team, including direct leadership and leading as a 'lead-of-leads'
- Design experience with safety critical hardware and software, especially in the fields of avionics and power systems
- Experience working with both embedded linux systems and microcontrollers
- Clear communication skills and the ability to explain technical challenges and solutions to fellow engineers and non-engineers alike
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to work in person