EHS Manager - for a leading Consumer Goods Company
- EHS Manager
- Elmira, NY
A leading Consumer Goods company is seeking an EHS Manager who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have glass, concrete, ceramic, or manufacturing EHS experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The EHS Manager - Administers policies & procedures that cover functional areas in environmental, health and safety. Ensures employees in function areas follows established procedures and ensures the company's compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. They will coordinate, direct and manage the activities related to meeting all standards established by applicable laws or regulation, those established by the company.
The EHS Manager - should have the following skill set:
- BS Degree in Safety/Environmental Engineering/Sciences, or other related field of study is preferred.
- CSP, CIH, CHMM, REM or similar accreditation is preferred
- Five years' experience leading EHS programs within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and state/local regulatory standards and programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
The EHS Manager - will:
- Responsible for assuring environmental compliance at manufacturing and support facilities with additional responsibility for the safety and health compliance of employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Manage environmental processes within facilities.
- Waste management and minimization in accordance with RCRA and TSCA.
- Surface and groundwater management compliant with the Clean Water Act.
- Air emissions within permitted standards under the Clean Air Act.
- Evaluates impact of regulations and standards on site operations.
- Coordinates routine testing and monitoring as required.
- Identifies need for outside support, develop scope of work and contracts.
- Spill and event contingency planning.
- Assures all related files, permits and information is on file and available for inspection.
- Manage safety and accident prevention programs.
- Safety programs in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Develops written accident prevention and safety programs and policies.
- Develops site safety training plan, conducts training.
- Coordinates routine testing and monitoring of employees.
- Assist facility management in investigation and analysis of incidents, root cause and corrective actions.
- Monitors program compliance and conducts audits for environmental, health and safety.