Description: Our Client, a Leading Manufacturer of highly-engineered precision formed, precision machined, and fabricated parts on the leading aircraft and engine platforms, is currently searching for a Director of Supply Chain to join the organization. This is a key leadership role supporting approximately $125M+ in spend across 8 manufacturing sites.
Key responsibilities include business performance; supplier relationship management (ownership and appropriate escalation when required); contract negotiation; best practice implementation, and synergy achievement where appropriate (Staffing, Direct Material, Indirect Material). This will be accomplished through leadership and management of an organization of 15 supply chain professionals responsible for managing the acquisition of inbound materials and services on time and complete, from approved global and regional suppliers, at competitive costs, as required to support the operations and improve the organization's profitability. Ultimately the Director of Supply Chain needs to balance the objectives of maximum material and product availability with strategic inventory plans while driving productivity.
- Work collaboratively across the organization on policy deployment targets focused on cash generation and cost reduction.
- Establish and implement performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Effectively lead and enable the Supply Chain organization to achieve strategic objectives.
- Manage formalized risk mitigation programs to reduce vulnerability of supply chain interruptions.
- Drive effective supplier management relationships focused on quality, supply assurance, and cost.
- Negotiate prices for raw material, production supplies, outside services and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Understand regulatory and market requirements and their impacts on the supply chain.
- Maintain a positive results-oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, commercial, operations, other support functions, and suppliers while driving significant change.
- Achieve FAR/DFAR compliant procurement processes.
- Drive continuous improvement for MRP and other ERP based systems for managing procurement, planning, and inventory management in line with achieving quality, delivery, and inventory goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or technical field required.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience required. 5+ years of experience in supply chain required.
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports required.
- 3+ years of experience with contract negotiations.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- APICS, CPM, or CSCMP certification preferred.