Director of Product Operations
Operations - Secaucus, NJ - Full Time
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative and passionate leader to serve in the role of Director of Product Operations. As a senior leader, the Director will serve to develop and guide the team and liaise with teams across our dispersed offices. Our Operations team is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package while maintaining the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
The primary objectives of this position are to set up, implement, run and improve the operations processes to deliver an exceptional fine jewelry product, efficiently. Leveraging robust analytical skills and your experience in operations, you will focus on improving and scaling our day-to-day product operations as we grow. Ideally, you have worked with and understand the full product cycle including receiving, fulfillment, quality control, and inventory management/control.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Directly manage a team of experienced Operations Managers, who lead day-to-day tasks and resource allocation and problem-solving for specific functions, applying experience and best practices to guide the execution.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement with a commitment to quality and automating basic processes.
- Manage operations for specific functional areas, including fulfillment, QA, and receiving.
- Track KPIs to measure and manage operational efficiencies, vendor performance, cost improvements, team productivity, and product quality.
- Analyze, formulate and implement systems, infrastructure, policies, and procedures to ensure smooth operation of the business. Continually improve and automate systems.
- Work closely as a senior member of the operations leadership team to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
Specific qualifications include:
- 7-10 years of Operations Management experience with inventory/ supply chain/ production in a product, retail, or e-commerce environment
- Highly analytical and efficient in root cause analysis and productivity metrics. Experience manipulating, presenting, and drawing insights from data to drive business decisions and allocate resources.
- Experience with outsourced operations including domestic and international fulfillment, managing manufacturing and supply chain vendors, and logistics is a plus
- Highly organized with a focus on execution, problem-solving, and improvement
- Demonstrated experience implementing and improving upon processes and procedures.
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Demonstrated abilities to lead a team and to collaborate with other leaders within a fast-paced start-up environment