Director of Procurement
Location: Louisville, KY
Working Situation: On-site
The Director of Procurement will be responsible for:
- Oversee the supply, consistency, quality, and safety of produce from farm to restaurant
- Facilitates review of Statements of Work for all services and goods
- Develop and expand strong vendor relationships with suppliers and distributors
- Work closely with QA to ensure produce trace-ability and safety
- Continue to consolidate produce distributor locations where economical beneficial and identify possible new distributor partners
- Manages the Firm's purchasing procedures and policies including ongoing implementation of best practices.
- Work with all facets of supply chain to drive efficiency- internal and external partners handling of produce which includes shipping to the distributor, storing at the distribution warehouse, and shipping to our restaurants
- Work with growers and produce distributors to identify/source raw produce ingredients and negotiate competitive pricing for these items with either growers or distributors
- Conduct produce pricing audits across the system with aid of in house analyst and IT
- Ensures all invoices are processed accurately and on time.
- Manages and resolves invoice or payment discrepancies
The Director of Procurement has the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in the produce industry
- Bachelors degree in Business/Economics and/or Agriculture (Required)
- Experience with developing and maintaining produce items and product negotiations.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and builds lasting relationships.
- Life, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Competitive PTO
- Relocation Assistance