A leading industrial company are looking for a Director of Procurement to lead the ever growing procurement function. With production and sales in Europe, Asia and the Americas, you will be joining a Global multinational company with a multicultural work environment, offering constant opportunity for personal development.
The Director of Procurement will support, lead and execute the global categories and/or regional strategy through focused activities including planning, forecasting, negotiating, project management, vendor management, KPI measurement and reporting, and use of global purchasing best practices.
This position offer significant autonomy and so would be suited to an open-minded, results and solution oriented individual. This international company is going through an exciting period of growth, meaning it is the perfect time to join and be a part of a strategic, continuously improving procurement team.
This is a hybrid role with 2 days in the office and 3 remote allowing for flexibility and work-life balance.
- Ownership of Commodity Strategy Plan Process for production parts and non-productions services
- Proactively partners with suppliers to identify continuous improvement opportunities that lead to improvements in lead time, service, delivery, and cost
- Working with Analytics teams to proactively identify risks, build consumptions models and produce road map suggestions
- Leverage spend analytics, market intelligence, and expiring contracts reporting to continuously build pipeline of opportunities for sourcing to address within category
- Partner with senior leadership in business units and other key stakeholders to strategically plan (up to 3 years) support for existing contracts as well as new third party spend requirements resulting from business roadmaps
- Lead and direct a team of procurement specialists, mentoring them to become quality procurement professionals
- Develop and ensure global capacity and footprint planning to meet growth targets
- Degree in corresponding field (Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, etc.); advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of supply chain experience or related function with at least 3-5 years with electronic component sourcing
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skill
- Experience with lean manufacturing practices (Six Sigma, APICS, etc. preferred)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, professional fluency in English
- A flexible hybrid work setting, with opportunity to travel
- Exposure to a challenging and diverse work environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop a team, with direct reporting into C-level