Director for engineering and CAPEX-
I am currently working with a leading company within the paint and performance coatings industry which are offering a category director for engineering role for an exciting opportunity to join such a global team.
My client is currently looking for someone with vast experience in CAPEX and indirect purchasing, with ideally an MRO, technical and or engineering background. The job is based within the Netherlands, in their Amsterdam office.
They are a company which reached over 8.5 billion euros in revenue in 2020, with over 32,000 employees it realty is a huge company to be a part of.
The job role-
The job itself will have 13 direct reports with a main part of your job managing the global capex, Engineering and Technical Goods and Services Procurement team. If you are someone who strives to challenge themselves and can delegate a team well then this is a great opportunity to take.
- Through (global) leverage achieve major cost reductions in procuring of equipment
- Sourcing, assessing, and selecting suppliers in Engineering, service, cost levels and sustainability and Code of Conduct requirements, including lower cost opportunity development challenging the traditional sources.
- critical player in AR process for Capex including project pre-work / budgeting and project approach
Skills and experience-
- Key in stakeholder management at multiple levels throughout the Engineering and Maintenance departments at all levels of the organization (Global / Regional / Local)
- Experience in CAPEX, indirect purchasing and engineering would be great
- Managing multiple teams in different processes and stages
- Fluent English
- Great leadership that can filter down through the company
If you believe you possess these qualities of great leadership, patience and negotiation as well as managing stakeholders and implementing new purchasing strategies then I can not wait to hear from you.
- 375 Million Euros spend, both Capex and Expense (P&L) - All sites
- 8,000+ vendors globally
- individual complex contracts with relative high-risk components for people who enjoy working in these environments
- Natural career progression
- Job stability in a wonderful vibrant city